Are you game for Executive Coaching (EC) ?
Here is an indicative, not exhaustive, list of some of the signals that point to a need of EC. As you run through this list, try to make a sincere introspection in finding out its applicability for yourself.
Is EC a right fit for me? Yes, if you have any of the following feelings, or similar ones
- All is well in general, but somehow these days I feel like I am stuck and stagnated
- I get angry over paltry issues frequently and it takes quite some time for me to cool down
- In spite of putting my head, heart and hand, I have a dim feeling of uncertainty of future
- An inexplicable nagging feeling prevails … Can’t figure it out, though I experience it for sure
I climbed the corporate ladder quickly crossing two steps to become VP, but missed out on family front. It was Prof. Damle who pointed that out clearly and convinced me that my work-life balance had gone for a toss. He went ahead to help me restore it, too, without compromising my career! – VP of a large industry in Pune
Why even senior/ top executives need executive coaching
- The view from top is sometimes hazy
- Even Top Brass need to learn something new.
- The coach-coachee relationship tends to open the doors.
- Coaching prompts the top executives to think … and think differently.
When my Technology-Head tried to go over my shoulders, it was a tough challenge. Dr. Damle took stock of situation, helped me collect the moral courage, draw up an elaborate short-term plan, prepare accordingly and finally get rid of that person without impacting growth of my organization – MD of an electronics mfg. unit
How would Executive Coaching help you:
- It helps to attain substantial results
- It facilitates to come up with solutions to some of the hard problems
- It gives an impartial and constructive comments for progress
- It takes you to an altogether new level of wellbeing
My computer hardware outfit went through irreparable crisis of thinning margins. Dr. Damle then spotted my skills in network, groomed it and helped me in a total transformation plan. Today, having sold my company, I am a sought after cyber-security pro specializing in network security – A Businessman turned Professional
Before you make up your mind, ascertain your
- Willingness to invest not just cost, but time, too
- Persistence and patience to practice the suggested tools and techniques
- Lame excuses are not going to crop up
- Preparedness to learn from first principles, hands-on