: Assistant Professor - Telecom
: M.Sc (Physics), PGDTM (Marketing), M.M.M, NET, Ph.D, Diploma In Competition Policy and Law
- Business Process Framework (eTOM) certification from Tele-Management Forum,USA.
- Certification in “Cellular, Wireless and Satellite communication” from Pune Institute of Engineering and Technology (formerly COEP) Pune).
- Revenue Assurance Foundation Level (Knowledge Certification) from Tele-Management Forum,USA.
: 9+ years as an academician and 4+ years of teaching experience at SITM
: Telecom Policy & Regulations, Telecom Technologies, Telecom & Media Convergence
Publications / Presentations in Conferences /Journals
- "Village Virtual Network Operator" published in Telecom Business Review Journal of SITM- January 2008 issue. (ISSN No. 0973-9114).
- "Identifying alternative means for increasing Retailers' Loyalty - Cellular Service Provider (CSP)'s Perspective" published in Telecom Business Review Journal of SITM- January 2009 issue.
- "Mobile banking & m-Commerce and related issues" published in the compendium to be released at National Forum on Mobile Applications for Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development organized by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) in April 2010.
- Participated in the stake holder's consultation process on two occasions by sending comments in response to consultation papers issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- Comparative Analysis of Regulatory Frameworks: A Study of Three Sector Regulators in India” to be published in the Telecom Business Review Journal of SITM- 2014 issue. (ISSN No. 0973-9114)
- Presented & published a paper titled “Central Facilitation Centre for Telecom Industry in the country” at the National Conference of Information & Communication Technology 07 organized by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai held in March 2007.
- Presented & published a paper titled “Need and Role of Competition commission in Indian Telecom” at the Conference on Global Competition and Competitiveness of Indian Corporate organized by IIM Kozhikode in May 2009.
- Presented & published a paper titled “Innovative Ways for Providing Distance Learning”. The paper was co-authored with Mr Sunil Patil, Director, SITM and Dr Rajnish Dass, Professor, IIM-A at the Symbiosis International Conference on Open and Distance Learning February 21-23 , 2011,Pune ,India.
- Presented & published a paper titled “Initiatives in Telecom Reforms: Comparison of India & Australia” at the Research Paper Seminar on “Management Challenges In Emerging Economies” organized by Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management, Pune & Symbiosis Institute Of Research & Innovation on May 21, 2011.
- Published a paper "Identification of challenges associated with mobile banking in unbanked / under banked rural areas in India”. This paper was co-authored with two SITM students Mr G.Prashant and Rohit Tayal for International Research Conference on Management, Banking and Finance (IRCMBF) organised by Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai during March 5th-6th, 2012.
- Paper accepted: Research paper titled” Comparative Analysis of ICT Regulation: A Study of five countries” was selected for presentation at The International Telecommunication Society’s Biennial Conference held in November 2012 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Co-authored & Presented a paper titled “Comparative Analysis of ICT Regulation Frameworks: A Study of Seven Countries” at CPRsouth8/ CPRafrica 2013 Conference: Innovation & Entrepreneurship in ICT: Changing Asia / Africa held during 5-7 September 2013, Mysore, India.
- Co-authored & Presented a paper titled “Comparative Analysis of Regulatory Framework: A study of three sector regulators in India” at SIMSARC organized by SIMS, Pune in 2013
Research Projects Undertaken
- Research project done with Idea Cellular Ltd (Maharashtra & Goa) during June- December 2008. The faculty team consisted of: Mr Virender Kapoor Director, SITM, Ms Sujata Joshi Faculty, SITM , Mr Giri Hallur Faculty, SITM and a group of 30 students that helped us collect retailer data from the planned survey areas.
- Project 1 was aimed at finding out alternative means in which Idea Cellular Ltd. could increase its retailers’ loyalty. (Survey was carried out in four cities of Maharashtra State)
- Project 2 was aimed at identifying the reasons for low sales and to suggest corrective actions to enhance sales of Value Added Services (VAS) through retail channels of Idea Cellular Ltd. (Survey was carried out in the city of Pune).
- Research Project funded by SITM during January 2011 – December 2011 for “Identification of challenges associated with mobile banking in unbanked / under banked rural areas in India”. The Research team consisted of: Mr Giri Hallur Faculty, SITM, Mr G.Prashant, 2nd year MBA- student, and Mr Rohit Tayal 2nd year MBA- student. The data was collected from six states in India, with areas selected on the criterion of low banking penetration and moderate/high teledensity areas.
- Research project funded by SITM research fund was undertaken during Jan-Nov 2012 titled “Comparative Analysis of ICT Regulation: A Study of five countries. The aim was to study the Telecom Regulatory framework of five countries US, UK, Japan, Australia & Brazil . The research project also focused on the study of the current Indian regulatory framework by conducting in-depth structured interviews of about 40 stakeholders in order to understand the key issues involved.
: Member- Academic Council Symbiosis International University. Member of Research & IPR Committee of Symbiosis International University.
: Faculty In charge of Prevision SITM's Annual Telecom Forecast.
: Interested in consulting assignments in Telecom Policy & Regulations
: +91-20-3911-6176 (Direct)